Portland Steamathon – April 25th, 2020
Registration for the Portland Steam-a-thon is now open. Participants, who will be working in teams of four, will be taking part in three innovative challenges:
- Prepare a balsa wood bridge the display the creativity and stability of the bridge (FOR K-2 and 3-5 division)
- Prepare a mousetrap powered car that displays the creativity and efficiency(FOR 6-8 division)
- Recommended preparation time for engineering challenge is about four to five weeks
- Based on science topic related to grade level
- Study material and sample questions will be sent to teams after registration
- Create a poster on how a common everyday routine affects our health.
- Show creative ways in which we can improve our health
This is a great opportunity to show teamwork skills, win awards and get an insight into the STEM field!
Please spread the word to your friends as the STEAM-A-THON incorporates groups of four participants per team. We hope to see you there!
If you don’t have a team, register as an individual and we will find a team for you.
Register today- Early bird ends Mar 8; Individual - $30; Team - $110 ( for 4 kids)
Steam-a-thon - Portland - April 20th, 2019
The judging paneling consisted of experts and professionals in the various fields of STEM. They gave constructive advice to teams as well as inspiring them to take their newly acquired knowledge and apply it to the real world. One judge mentioned how the ideas and innovations created at this event could one day help solve an issue in the world.
More info can be found at https://shooting-stars-foundation.org/
Steam-a-thon - Fremont - April 6th, 2019
- Each team should have four people, no more or no less.
- Every team member in each team must be in their specific grade division. For example, a 3rd grader will not be able to join a team in the Kindergarten to 2nd Grade division.
- Every team should also have one team manager (an adult), who will take responsibility for any action that other team members do at the competition.
- Each team will pay a nominal registration fee for every member, and all proceeds go towards providing for international college scholarships for unprivileged students through Shooting Stars Foundation.
- The registration form can be found on the tab that says “Register Now!”
- We recommend that every team has their own signature t-shirt which clearly displays their team name. This will help us locate all the team members.
- All team members must stay on the campus until the event is over.
- More details regarding the schedule and the competition will be sent in email once the team registers.
- Click here for Frequently Asked Questions