Submit Your Own Review
- This program is a good introduction to careers. Will surely help in exploring many new areas which they would never have considered.
- Inspiring speakers from unique specializations every day. A lot of interesting topics were covered.
- Special thanks to the coach for her meticulousness in providing daily individualized custom feedback regarding the progress and participation of the kids.
- My son was initially reluctant to attend the class. After the first day, the complaint stopped, and yesterday he was concerned that he had to miss the class due to a prior commitment. The talks by professionals is a very key point. He was wondering if he patent attorney may be a good choice for him because loves science, innovation and business!
- My child had lots of fun at the cooking camp. She talked about it a lot at home.
- Will send my children again for other sessions hosted by the Shooting Stars organization. The classes were on time & professional with personal touch. My son felt comfortable. Enjoyed & inspired thoroughly.
- It was fun and exciting to learn so many cultural cuisines!
- Nice to see that my son got awareness of good leadership skills.
- The coaches are more interactive and also talk to the parents and tell them about their child's accomplishments and the things they need to work on to make them better.
- My child is ready to take lead on many things after coming from the class, saying that she needs to take leadership and finish the task all by herself, which is great to see as a mom.
SBAC Common Core (Math and English)
- Shooting Star did a wonderful job in keeping my child engaged in the activity at hand. They all went the extra mile by providing feedback to parents via email everyday. I have not seen this kind of feedback system in any camps. Kudos to the team for this. Motivation and energy to share/mentor was unbelievable - 5 stars.
- My son liked it so much he couldn't believe that week was ended already!
- You guys are awesome. Great motivation with social cause. I think you should be having more marketing/social media coverage since I feel you deserve it. Thank you for all your sharing and excellence in putting the things in work.
- Classes provided by Shooting Stars are very valuable to overall projects of our child and helps kids to prepare for the SBAC Exams.
Public Speaking and 10 Week Speech Class
- The tutors/coaches are reason for the real success of this program. They are energetic and enthusiastic!
- 5 stars - I m impressed. My son enjoyed the classes a lot. He loves these speech classes and congrats to you.
- Your emails are very informative and thanks for updating parents on a weekly basis.
- Excellent work, really encouraging, smiley, confident, and great presentation skills. Great work in getting my daughter really confident in public speaking. Keep it up.
- The tutors/coaches are reason for the real success of this program. They are energetic and enthusiastic!
- I could see an enthusiasm in both kids the moment they hear about Shooting Stars. They truly enjoy the classes and their teachers. My kids both enjoyed the program. They were against computer programming in the past. But after day 1, I could see them happy regarding the Scratch program. They gave a demo to us on the games they wrote.
“Kareena did a very good job. She was very calm and understanding and patiently explained everything. She provided lots of nice tips. Thanks!”
-Pawini Tiwari (Grade 3)
“Speech class is really good. Within a week, kids are able to speak on a topic with details. With Common Core, I prefer instead of just a packet, telling concepts would help them a lot.”
- Sree Nidhi Linga
“Shooting Stars will definitely help me during Common Core testing. Now since I have experience. I’m sure I’ll get a better score than last year. Shooting Stars made me more comfortable with the various concepts, and made me prepared for any other tests in the future. This will definitely help my grade and will help me in the future. All and all, shooting stars is a great organization, that will help many kids.”
“I was happy with the progress I saw with Vennila today. I infact was very concerned with eye contact. My daughter was very shy. I didn’t make an attempt to record her speech but she surprised me today. Kudos to Sanjana & Team!”
- Vennila (Grade 7)
“Arjun has an awesome time at camp. He liked interacting with his teacher. Very positive experience overall. He’ll be happy to come back next year or even if you have a summer camp! Great job Vibha. Thankful for all your help! [Speech Class] Absolutely fantastic job Sanjana! Arjun, Isaac, & Sophia enjoyed your class. It gave them so much confidence. We loved the format of the class too--very interesting! Keeps the kids motivated!! Thank you! We’ll be back next year!”
- Arjun Venuri (Grade 2)
“My daughter Aliya got a good tutor. She graded her work, wrote comments on the handout, and gave me valuable feedback.”
- Aliya (Grade 4)
“We find the class well-organized with friendly atmosphere. Soorya certainly has been introduced to new concepts and he seems to be enjoying it. He is getting interested in the topic and practicing at home.”
- Soorya Ramaraju (Grade 2)
“The children enjoyed having Mansa as one of their tutors, as well as the other tutor whose name was not told to me. They said the tutors were very nice. The feedback given on the areas the kids need to work on was very specific and helpful. As a parent I’m pleased with the preparation for the testing they will take. Regarding the speech class, I enjoyed watching the final Speech Presentations. I like the structure the teacher gave to kids regarding organization and areas to include in a speech. Overall, a very worthwhile experience!”
“This is a wonderful program and Alyssa had fun each day while learning. She loved her teachers. Thank you.”
“It was good and I learned about more than I knew before like fractions and more and I remember what I forget. I really enjoy this fun activity doing english and math and more. I find this a good activity to do instead of being bored and have nothing to do.”
- Siddhartha Shibi
“Both my kids enjoyed the Spring Camp. It is helpful to improve their vocab. My both the boys are very comfortable with the tutors. Good job Team!”
“We like the camp very much. He enjoyed the class. He learned the basic concepts of Common Core. The tutor Akash gave us a positive feedback and areas my son needs to work on. Kudos for Shooting Stars!!”
“Nia is enjoying this short term camp. She received input from her tutor which will be certainly useful to prepare for common core. I like the concept that from her seniors she is learning and getting inputs.”
- Nia Kuchekar (Grade 3)
“Hi, my daughter has been to Shooting Stars for the last three years and the result has been amazing. For example, she scored 100% on her 5th grade test last year. She will continue to come here. Thanks.”
“Shooting Stars has been great this week for my 2nd grader. She struggles at school and this boost during Spring Break will help her! She also loves her tutor! Thanks!”
“The Shooting Stars offers good curriculum and we look forward to join in Summer. Just one request, please keep the location close to MSJE School.”
“Good work!!! My son enjoyed. Thank you!”
- Akhil (Grade 3)
“My son really enjoyed the Spring Camp especially the speech class. He will definitely join next section.”
“1-on-1 helped a lot to my child to go over the math concepts and language practice. Arvind, Sindhu’s tutor, everyday met me and explained the strong areas and things needed to improve for my child. After this camp, I feel we got a clear idea where to focus next to finish strong this year. Thank you Shooting Stars!”
“Very impressed and thoughtful work for kids by kids! Keep up the good work!”
“Dear Shooting Stars, Thank you for organizing this ‘Excellent’ program. Our kids learned lot of new things in fun filled environment. The Tutors are ‘Awesome’.
- Sibi & Sirpi
“Good place to learn. My son enjoyed and learned. I would recommend for others.”
“Great place, great tutors. My daughter really enjoyed this camp. I would like to continue next year also. I would recommend my friends. Thank you so much.”
“The Teachers really focus on each student and recognize their strong and weak areas. This helped the student work on the right areas. Thanks a lot Mohit.”
- Rizvi (Grade 4)
“This camp was very helpful for the kids.”
“The Shooting Stars classes were really helpful for my son. I will enroll my son again next year. Thank you.”
“The tutors were good & encouraging. Packets has a lot of typos. The speech tutor was very good.”
“The camp was definitely see a difference. I learned a lot about the different speech types.”
“I like that I am learning new things. I want to come back next year.”
- Gitasri Dintakurthi (Grade 2)
“This is my daughter’s second year for common core and she is enjoying it.”
“The Shooting Stars Foundation is a great class, well worth the time and money. My older daughter would come to this class every year and it was very beneficial in all her exams and the STAR testing. Sragvi enjoys this class very much and finds it great. I would like to thank all the students and volunteers helping in this! I will definitely come again next year!
- Sragvi Patel (Grade 3)
Congratulations to the Acton team for an extraordinary job organizing the academic boot camp! Volunteer student tutors were perfect mentors to “MCAS – nervous” minds! We are proud to support the foundation and its great mission!
I loved this experience. I learned many new things and the tutors were very nice. At first, attending a math camp during spring break did not seem like a lot of fun to me. Boy was I wrong! I can’t wait t come back next year!!!
The camp is good and encouraging, I would recommend to all parents. My daughter really liked her all the tutors.
Over the course of the MCAS prep camp, I had a great experience. One of the many strategies I learned was to check my work. I made silly mistakes which could have easily been corrected if I had checked my work. One thing I ask for to improve in this camp is for clearer problems. Often, there were problems which had an unclear question or many possible answers. Also, the tutors were really great. They all helped me if I had a doubt. Overall, my experience t this camp was truly amazing.
This program not only helped my kids with learning math and English, it also helped spend time constructively! Loved the program for both its value to my kids and the foundation funding for education for college students worldwide. Kudos to all the tutors who patiently helped with all their questions and gave their valuable feedback! Definitely will be back next year!
This program helped my kids learning extra math and English. It also increased interest especially in Math.
I found this camp conducted by the Shooting Star Foundation to be very interesting and I was very glad that it worked out very well for my Sixth grade child. All the student volunteers who volunteered at the camp were very good and they were exceptional in providing help with cleaning any doubts that my child had. Both Math and the language arts question paper worksheets had a good mix of questions that the kids could answer at their own pace and I am really very happy to have enrolled my child in this camp. I would definitely recommend this camp to other parents.
This program is excellent. Kids enjoyed and learned well. Good job!
Thank you so much for arranging this for kids. I feel this is very helpful for them to understand the Common Core syllabus. It’s a great learning experience. Thank you!
Excellent program. My daughter liked how concepts were explained to her and how she got them right. A big morale booster. Thanks.
Thank you for organizing this program. Very useful for the kids to spend their Spring break. This practice test help them to do well in their school test. We are really interested to continue the same in next year Spring break.
Shooting Stars Foundation is a great academic boot camp and an excellent way to prepare the students for the academic tests. The timing of the boot camp is good for students taking the SBAC test during spring. The camp is structured on the Common Core standards giving the students confidence to take on the Common Core which is mandatory now.
- Kids enjoyed it thoroughly . The tutors helped the kids understand the mistakes and how to solve/answer correctly. As a next step , it would be good to have 1:1 on some of the topics that kids need more help on.
- It would be better if you give the answer sheets. Apart from this , the progress is really good.
- Great job! It's really aweinspiring to see the way you guide the group and organize the program. Keep up the good work!! K. Devitha
- Amazing program! Very well structured and conducted in a very protective environment. Great program in an affordable cost to get kids practice on the upcoming star test during the spring break. You guys can think about including science for the 5th grade/7th grade . Keep rising and growing. MSJE parent
- Really good material ! The tutors were really helpful in explaining the mistakes we made . Thank you so much!! Student
- This spring camp has really helped my 3rd grade daughter. She learned a new concept in multiplication that will forever help her out in the future. Her weakness is in math and she now has a different perspective of it. Thanks to the great tutor! Your program is “awesome” That comes straight from my daughter's mouth.
- Very well run boot camp by a bunch of high schoolers , are they really. Appreciate their commitment to a good cause of promoting education. Comes with a bunch of energetic, parent volunteers highly thanked. Balaji Sampath
- We really liked the program during the spring break. Thank you very much for conducting such a wonderful practice tests. Vijaya
- Nice focused effort. My child benefited from all the compilation of various kinds of problems, and instant feedback. One observation is that it needs to be more aligned with common core.
- Very well organized and coordinated. Aastha really enjoyed the class and we have seen her participation improve her math skills. Gaurlam
- It was great that you have prepared a lot of material for them. There is only one thing that if you can provide the answer sheet for parents through email so we can continue to work on them.Thank you.
- This is a great activity for children to practice for common core or STAR tests. It helps students practice their skills in a math and language. All of the tutors are helpful and make the students understand what they don't get. They always say it' s okay to get stuff wrong, and thats why we are here.Student
- It was good. Kid likes it very much. We are also happy she learned from it. This is first time for us. We will be happy to come next time.
- Very prompt response (email), Improvement , we need answer sheet.
- My kids in 3rd and 5th grade enjoyed the camp. My daughter had attended it last year and it had helped her star test. They liked the part where the highschool kids help them correct their mistakes.
- Thank you for doing , its a great way for my son to get some work done during spring break. 2 hours will be great , and we are willing to pay more. Thank you volunteers. Hope to see you next year. Malini Sanjay Muralitharan
- Overall, good prep program to keep elementary kids busy for Fremont's district spring break. Also helps highschool students gain tutoring skills. This is my daughters 2nd year attending. Certainly helped last year for her to score 600's on star test. Hoping for similar result this year w/ harder common core testing. Staff and tutors , job well done.
- Good job on 1:1 and common core prep. My son loves to come here. Wish it could have been here for a little longer.
- The camp was very good. My daughter enjoyed it a lot. She looked forward to attend it everyday. Very accomadative regarding the timings. Volunteers corrected every booklet my daughter's finished and explained to her if she had any mistakes
- I really liked the classs. The worksheets taught me how the real common core test will be. Also the volunteers were very helpful and taught me concepts that I didn't know. I hope I can come to this class again
- The shooting stars prep camp was a great learning experience for Ria. The math and language arts study materials were detailed and focused on common core standards. The student helpers were dedicated and helped Ria when she needed assistance. Usha was very friendly and provided makeup classes as additional support.
- The shooting stars prep camp helped me catch up on my studies. It will greatly help me in the future when it comes to testing. I appreciate the student volunteers who helped me.
- It is an excellent class, which really helped Nitish in his test taking skills thank you very much and will look toward for more classes like this in evergreen.
- This is a fun place. It also helps with common core. I think you should do this next year also.
- Fabulous job! Very well organized and conducted well.
- High school kids got a chance to help out younger kids and younger kids had opportunities to practice tests.
- My two sons got hands on experience like real STAR testing exam.
- Shooting Stars has certainly been a very engaging and enriching experience for my son. He liked these 1 hour testing lessons for the past 5 days. It made him gauge where he stands in each of the subjects tested and work more on the concepts /questions he missed in the test. He also liked working with his friend from school and also that the papers were corrected and explained later by ‘ High Schoolers’.
- Great Program! You kids should start more programs like this. I think you should charge more.
- It is wonderful I came upon this tutoring class to prepare my son this month on his star test prep from Union City. He now has a head start. Hoping for the best!
- You guys did a fantastic job organizing this. Thank you all wonderful volunteers who made this possible.
- It was great for my son. Please let us know of any other classes in future.
- It is very useful for my son. It gives an opportunity for my son to practice STAR test before it happens in school.
- Good job! This should be taken on a regular basis also.
Past Officer Reviews
University of Pennsylvania
“6 years ago I was inspired to start Shooting Stars Foundation because I realized that as students in the United States, we have a huge amount of educational and economic privilege that students in other countries don’t have. This was our attempt to equalize the playing field."
University of Pennsylvania
“Hearing the stories of those we were able to help in Mexico and India gave me inspiration to continue non profit work in college too."
DEVI NALLAKUMAR: PRESIDENT - 2015
University of Miami
“I came to understand that an organization, regardless of size, can have a profound impact on society!"
University of California - Riverside
“I am proud to have been a part of an organization that strives to educate the local community and makes it a point to reach out and fund students across the globe."
“This taught me the importance of giving as well as allowed me to understand accountability, responsibility and the ability to communicate and work with a team."
University of California - San Diego
“This organization helped me realize the true meaning of happiness is not receiving, but giving."